Are you planning to buy that exotic engagement ring online? The following points can help you in making the correct purchase decision.
1. Conduct a self research on the chosen online store before you go ahead to buy jewelry. Try to find out the contact details of the e-store and speak to a representative regarding the source and origin of the diamonds and try to extract as much information as possible about the physical aspects of the jewelry piece.
2. Before you go ahead with your decision to buy jewelry online, be informed about the modalities and policies of exchange or return, in the event of the shipping out of an unsatisfactory product.
3. Be careful about any discount offers which are usually advertised to get rid of unsold stock or out of fashion inventory. Be assured of the quality of the jewelry piece and the associated price before you buy jewelry online.
4. Before you buy jewelry on the web, try to explore the current price of gold per gram. The figures will help you analyze and differentiate between a marketing ploy and a genuine sale.
5. High end sellers and popular online stores are under immense pressure to increase profits for their shareholders and indulge in cost cutting acts. This increases the price and lowers the quality for those wanting to buy jewelry online. On the contrary, smaller dealers wanting to establish their credibility offer more genuine prices and discounts.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and this year it marks the eighth anniversary of the unique and inspiring "Pearls of Wisdom" program. This program is funded by the United Health Services Breast Center and supported by Comfort and Son, a Vestal jewelry store. This unique program has contributed immensely in raising breast cancer awareness and prevention in town.
The brainchild of Christina Boyd from UHS and Adam Comfort of Comfort and Son, kicked off in 2004 at the UHS Binghamton General Hospital and UHS Wilson Medical Center. The initiative aims to encourage women to undergo an annual mammogram.
Under "Pearls of Wisdom,"patients are rewarded certificates inviting them to visit Comfort and Son Jewelry store and redeem it for a silver chain, and a gorgeous fresh water pearl. Patients can see their necklace grow each year, when a subsequent examination entitles them to another pearl from the jewelers.
The program has been a success and UHS has reported a 25 percent rise in women getting annual mammograms. Adam Comfort says he and his jewelry store are proud to be associated with such a worthwhile cause and proud of the impact achieved. Comfort and Son is a locally owned and operated 3rd generation business, located at Verizon Plaza on Vestal Parkway.
Special possessions need special care. Most of us ladies collect a lot of jewelry over the years. Most of it however, is either lost or damaged over the years. You can make sure that your favorite jewelry pieces are preserved in perfect condition for years and years to be easily found at the right time for the right outfit.
Storing jewelry, especially valuable jewelry, requires some care and attention. Keep the following simple pointers in mind to organize and stash your jewelry with some TLC.
Store pieces the way they are worn: This ensures that the pieces don't get tangled or chipped. This also let's you easily glance over all your jewelry when inspecting to select one to wear. You can use innovative hanging options for a better display.
Avoid double stacking: Don't rest pieces on top of each other. This is especially important for delicate pieces with stones or detailing. If lack of space makes stacking necessary, carefully place patches of good wuality, soft cotton or wool felt between the pieces to prevent them from rubbing against each other.
Storing silver jewelry: Silver pieces should be stored in small plastic zip lock bags. You should preferably add an anti-tarnish strip (can be bought at jewelry stores). These strips should be changed every six months to prevent any damage to the jewelry.
No cardboard boxes: These are just not sturdy enough to store your valuable jewelry. And avoid using oak boxes either, since fumes from this wood can tarnish your jewelry.